It can be overwhelming to jump into the endeavour of creating a starting a new business and without knowing if your ideas will work. A critical role is to manage your cash flow and make sure the money is spent wisely. Nowadays, thanks to the internet and the open-source community, there is a plethora of great tools for your business and it won’t cost you any money.
First of all, you will need an email address. Create an account on Gmail – https://mail.google.com
This Google account will allow you to access many useful collaborative services such as:
- Calendar Service: Free Organise meetings & events – https://calendar.google.com
- Contact Service: Free Directory of your contacts – https://contacts.google.com
- Google Docs: Free alternative to Microsoft Word. Many users can work simultaneously on the same document. Versioning control. Large choice of templates and different look & feel. – https://docs.google.com
- Google Sheets: Free alternative to Microsoft Excel. Same as Google Docs, many users can work simultaneously on the same document. Versioning control. And more… – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/
- Google Slides: Free alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint. Same as the other Google tools, many users can work simultaneously on the same document. Versioning control. And more… – https://docs.google.com/presentation
- Google Drive: Free 15 GB cloud storage space – https://drive.google.com
- And more…
Install the free operating system on to your server to replace Windows or other Linux paid OS: Ubuntu Server
Install Chrome Remote Desktop which is a free remote control software, a good alternative to Teamviewer: How to install Chrome Remote Desktop on Ubuntu 18.04 – (pretty much same config for Ubuntu 16.04)
Dynamic Domain Name Service
Usually, I couple ownCloud with a Dropbox account (not free) for redundancy.
ERP / E-commerce website
Install Odoo on an Amazon Lightsail server for $20 / month.